A lion can consume around 40 kg of meat in 4 hours, if he is able to make a large enough kill. What are you doing in the next 4 hours? Protein over LOAD anybody?
This is a first attempt at writing a blog, my hope is to engage with strength athlete’s worldwide on topics covering training, diet, competitions, top athletes and anything else to do with our world of strength and fitness. Strengths sports, namely Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting and strongman/women, have really come into the mainstream, primarily through the internet. Anybody looking for information with regards to exercise, programs, diets and supplements can carry out quick searches and hopefully they get what they are looking for.
We have all been there, do a search, sometimes it takes longer than usual. It all looks good until, you come across a banner statement that is the opposite of what you had just previously read or watched a video on. Now what? One approach is not necessarily better than the other, its what worked for that individual at that time, we think... However, I do think that the internet has become saturated with information that does little to better an athletes performance and is more geared to fulfilling an agenda.
If we can all contribute to building a constructive environment for all levels of athletes, then hopefully we can help clarify misconceptions, ultimately leading to success. Through this blog I would like to discuss topics that need to be explored, and if they can help a few lifters get better then we are on the right track.
A good way to progress this blog would be for our readers to send in questions and thoughts that you would like to have addressed. Any questions related to your lifting ambitions, we will do our best to give you a clear answer. It may not always be what you want to hear but it will be what we believe based on fact and experience.
STORE WIDE SALE & 1st ANNUAL CYBER LIFT OFF
Now for some exciting news. As part of our new company celebration we are having a 2-week sale, 25% off store wide, also we would like to invite you to participate in our 1st Annual CYBER LIFT OFF, CASH prizes will be awarded. The CYBER LIFT OFF is open to all Olympic weightlifters and powerlifters, best male and female lifter will be chosen based off the Sinclair and Wilks coefficients. The CYBER LIFT OFF will be open for 2 weeks and will end on May 8th.
To participate in the CYBER LIFT OFF the athlete must follow the instructions below:
- Follow LOAD Strengths Sports on Instagram and (or) Facebook, and like the CYBER LIFT OFF promo post.
- Provide your email details on www.loadstrengthsports.com contact page.
- Re-post the CYBER LIFT OFF on your personal social media using the following hash tags:
- Must include @loadstrengthsports in the post caption.
- On the day you participate, athlete must be weighed on camera, clearly showing a zeroed-out scale and then stepping on the scale. Athletes weight must be clearly seen in the video. Please state your body weight, and weight lifted successfully in the caption.
- Olympic Weightlifting – Athlete will perform a maximum effort snatch followed by a maximum effort clean and jerk.
- Powerlifting – Athlete will perform a maximum effort squat, followed by a bench and then a dead lift.
- Maximum effort lifts to be clearly stated on video and weight shown on the bar. Please also state your total in the caption.
- Only belts, sleeves and wraps allowed.
- 1st Place - $500
- 2nd Place - $200
- 3rd Place - $100
Once all videos have been viewed winners will be shared on our BLOG and social media. Please allow 2 weeks for all 4 winners to be announced.
Deadline for entry is May 13th, 2018.